Fueling your business processes using AI is a pretty winning strategy that can promise efficiency gains and cost reduction opportunities. To create a custom AI solution for your business, you need to hire a dedicated development team. In this article, we’re going to share a step-by-step strategy for doing it right.
1. Focus on the challenge and purpose of your business
Artificial intelligence is a versatile technology and, when used correctly, can be adapted to almost any use case, business challenge, and goal. Before hiring a dedicated team, you should clearly state a problem or requirement that you need to solve with the help of AI, as this would be at the heart of your future AI solution.
2. Discover the opportunities AI can promise
As you know, the evolution of AI has two stages: machine learning and deep learning. Although the same principle of operation feeds them, the tasks they can solve for businesses are very different. Machine learning algorithms can analyze tables of substantial data and draw precise conclusions and predictions, while deep learning is a technology that gains knowledge and continually improves. The latter is at the heart of conversational AI chatbots, security solutions with image capture and recognition, automatic trading platforms, and much more.
Based on your business goals, you need to decide what kind of AI solution you need and the essential features you need to make it work.
3. Describe the skills and competencies you need for your AI project
Depending on the specifics of the AI application you want to develop, at this point you should define the main skills, competencies, scope of technological knowledge and experience for the development of your AI solution.
For example, suppose your application needs to be powered by deep learning. In this case, you should look for talents with experience in programming deep learning algorithms and using the corresponding programming languages, libraries and platforms.
4. Compare internal development to outsourcing
At this point, you’re almost ready to hire a dedicated AI development team. There are two ways to do this, and each strategy has its pros and cons.
- Hire an internal development team. This is an expensive approach that promises a lot of expense related to finding talent, equipping the workspace, taxing, and other legal requirements. As for the benefits of this strategy, having a development team under your roof is an opportunity for continuous process monitoring, as well as instant communication and rapid change when the development course changes.
- Outsource your development tasks. In AI, outsourcing software development is another effective tactic for building your solution. With the right choice of outsourcing destination and development provider, you can expect huge savings in time and money, instant access to the talent pool, and the ability to start the development process. almost instantly. Nevertheless, this strategy requires clear and well-established communication practices and ensures mutual understanding and cultural fit.
5. Get in touch with an AI-Savvy development provider
Outsourcing your AI development tasks is a more hands-on approach than building an internal team. The main benefit of this tactic is the ability to hire an out-of-the-box team with well-established development, communication, control, and reporting practices from the development vendor. However, the choice of the company is essential.
To make the right choice, decide on the outsourcing destination and shortlist companies with experience in developing AI solutions for your niche. For example, if you want to develop a fraud prevention AI system for your financial institution, it’s always best to bring in a company with fintech case studies.
Such a smart approach will allow you to use their knowledge in AI development and ensure the security and legal compliance of your application. You will also be able to avoid costly mistakes since the development team already has a lot of practical information on how to optimize the process of creating your software and adapt it to the specifics of your business.
6. Make sure you are on the same page
Using the services of a remote team for your AI development means that you need to spend time reaching mutual understanding and ensuring that you are on the same page with the vendor and the team. ‘he recruited. Typically, trusted software development companies have developed well-established communication, control, and reporting practices, taking jet lag into account.
At this point you are invited to ask as many questions as possible, making sure that the development process will be transparent, well documented, reported and controllable, and focused on improving your business processes, increasing their efficiency. , the economy of your resources, and the mitigation of the main risks.
7. Choose the right type of contract
Your dedicated development team should be ready to get started with your AI solution at this point. Before starting the process, make sure that the type of contract you will sign with them matches the specifics of your project. Below are the three types of contracts used in software development outsourcing.
- Fixed price. This approach is good when the project development process is predictable and the scope is small to medium. It is not the best choice for building AI.
- Time and material. This type of contact may be suitable if you already have a solution that you would like to improve with the help of AI. Such an approach is also ideal for modernizing legacy systems, so consider it if you have legacy code to rewrite and improve.
- Dedicated team. Most AI solutions for businesses have great potential in response to the business growth they may promise. While this is the most expensive type of contact, it also promises the most long-term benefits.
While following the software development outsourcing business model, hiring a dedicated AI team can be a pretty effective approach. The most vital thing is to partner with a suitable supplier who is experienced in your niche. This will allow you to hire a ready-made team almost instantly, so you can start the development process without delay.
Interesting related article: “The development of artificial intelligence”