Do you think that website design is difficult? Well in that case you have to use some nifty web design tools. While website design can take some time to master, using the right tools can make your job a lot easier. Therefore, to help you build awesome, responsive websites, I’ve picked out the top 5 free web design tools in 2021 that you must consider exploring.
Website Design 101: What You Need To Know
In summary, website design defines the overall process of developing and deploying the interactive design of any website. How users interact with your website would directly depend on its overall design.
For example, one of the main motives for any website is lead conversion. As any potential user would browse your website, they can act as a marketing funnel and convert them to a prospect. On top of that, your website is the face of your business / product providing relevant information to others at a glance.
What Makes a Good Website?
The parameters of a “good” website can be subjective, but in most cases your website should include the following:
- It should be easy to navigate.
- It should educate the public about your business / product.
- It should not be cluttered and have a well organized structure.
- It must have a scalable design.
- It should serve its purpose.
Apart from that, it should include all the essential details like SEO optimization, link building etc.
What web design tools should you explore?
There are all kinds of paid and free 2021 web design tools that you can explore. However, I would recommend choosing the tools that are easy to use for beginners and should include all the essentials you need to design a website.
On top of that, it should have developer transfer features so that you can directly export its CSS for development. If you work in a team, also choose tools with collaborative features.
Top 5 Free Web Design Tools To Try In 2021
To make it easier for you, I have picked out the 5 best free web design tools that can be used by both professionals and beginners alike.
Wondershare Mockitt is an all-in-one design tool available online and accessible on any platform of your choice. The free website design app comes with thousands of resources and a comprehensive library, making it easy for you to use the available website design elements.
Web design and prototyping tool
- Mockitt offers a seamless solution for creating website designs, wireframes, apps, prototypes and more, all in one place.
- You will have access to over 5000 design elements and over 500 templates in Mockitt that can be easily used and customized.
- With simple drag and drop options, you can use Mockitt’s extensive set of widgets to craft your website design.
- Mockitt also allows us to connect different elements and define dedicated states to create a dynamic design for your website.
- There are also layouts for collaborating with your team, previewing your designs, and exporting them directly to formats like CSS, APK, Swift, and more.
Organizational chart tool
You can also use Mockitt as a diagramming tool to create all kinds of flowcharts on the go. The online application has many design elements and flowchart templates that you can easily use. From user journey diagrams to sales flowcharts, you can create all kinds of flow diagrams with Mockitt.
In addition to this, Mockitt also offers a tool to create vector designs zero. To do this, you can use its pen, boolean, bezier curve, and many other tools. This way you can instantly create icons, logos and other designs which you can export to formats like SVG or PNG via Mockitt.
You can use Sketch as a desktop app on your Mac or explore its free online tool to design any website. Although only its basic version is available for free, you will need to get a premium Sketch account to explore its advanced features.
- Sketch hosts a huge library that you can browse and import to create website or app designs for different platforms.
- The app also has an auto-fit page layout feature that would make it easier for you to create responsive website designs.
- You can create different pages for your website on Sketch and link them together for high fidelity results.
- There are tons of plugins available in Sketch that you can integrate into your account to make your job even easier.
smooth user interface
Fluid UI is another popular website design tool that you can use online for free. It is mainly used to create quick prototypes for your website which you can then turn into complete designs.
- You can find over 2000 different design elements and widgets in Fluid UI which can be easily used and customized.
- Just drag and drop any element on your canvas to work on your website design and set their parameters as you need.
- If you want, you can also upload existing assets and content to your Fluid UI dashboard from several third-party apps.
- Since Fluid UI is a web-based solution, you can simply save your work to its cloud and share it with others for real-time collaboration.
Ideally, Vectr is a popular free online vector graphics editor that you can use to create and edit vectors. However, the app can also be used to create a low or medium fidelity design for your website.
- Vectr’s overall interface is quite easy to learn and can be used to work on vectors from scratch.
- You can work on different layers of your design, assign main elements, and easily connect pages.
- Vectr is a cross-platform online tool that can generate a unique URL for your projects to share with others.
- The best part is that all of Vectr’s features are free, which would allow you to work on tons of designs in one place.
Finally, you can also use Framer X (the latest version of Framer) which is an online design tool. By offering integration with many third party plugins, it will make website design easier than ever.
- You can explore thousands of components and design elements in Framer and instantly customize them to meet your needs.
- Framer offers a solution to automatically adjust the layout of your designs (will be useful for designing responsive websites).
- With its dynamic elements, web links, and custom states, you can easily create high fidelity designs.
- Some other features of Framer X include real-time collaboration, interactive elements, and a built-in store of third-party plugins.
Ideally, with the right tool, you can make the entire web design process a lot easier. While there are several web design tools out there, not all of them are free and some of them are quite difficult to master. Therefore, I have carefully selected the 5 best free web design tools in 2021 that will be of use to you. Among them, Wondershare Mockitt would be an ideal choice as it is very easy to use and has some of the most advanced features for designing websites, apps, office tools, prototypes, etc.
Interesting Related Article: “How To Choose The Right Content Management Solution For Your Organization”