A watermark is essential to protect the copyright or property of any document. With a watermark, all your work is secure. No one can copy your file or image easily. If they could copy, people could identify where the document or photo is copied and the rightful owner. Moreover, it protects files from abuse.
Your watermark can be a logo, image, or text. Regardless of its shape, it still serves the same purpose. However, there is a correct way to add a watermark to fulfill its purpose. Read on and learn about the different methods to add watermark to pdf. Also discover some tips for placing your watermark correctly.
Add watermark with these methods
1. Use GogoPDF to add watermark
Add watermark to pdf with GogoPDF and experience a quick and easy process. Follow these simple steps and have your documents watermarked in minutes.
- Select the file in which you want to put a watermark. You can also drag the file to the conversion box.
- Select an image or enter the text watermark. Choose the position where you want your watermark. Then click on the Add Watermark icon.
- Wait for the process to complete. It will only take a few minutes, no need to wait for hours.
- Your file is now ready to be downloaded and save it on your computer or device. You can also send your watermarked pdf file via email or share it on your social media accounts.
In four easy steps, GogoPDF can help you maintain your copyright. As easy as two three, you will have a newly watermarked pdf.
2. Use Adobe Acrobat XI
You can also add a watermark using Adobe Acrobat XI. This requires that you download and install the software on your computer or laptop. Here’s how to use it to add a watermark.
- Open Adobe Acrobat XI.
- Then go to “Tools” and choose “Page”. In the “Page” option, select the “Edit page design” header. Choose “Watermark” and select “Add Watermark”.
- Then you can now customize the “Watermark Settings”.
- Select the “Page Range” option. Then select your preferred page range and press “OK”.
- Tap “Appearance” from the selections and make sure the correct boxes are chosen.
Here is how to proceed with Adobe Acrobat XI. However, its downside is the download and installation requirements.
3. Use Adobe Reader (free)
You can also use Adobe Reader to add a watermark.
- Tap Tools> Edit PDF> Watermark> Add
- If you want to add watermark to individual pages, tap Page Range Options. Next, identify a page range and select a subset option if necessary.
- If you want to create a text watermark, choose Text and type / write text in the box. Adjust the formatting if you see it if necessary.
- Whereas if you prefer an image as a watermark, choose File. Then click on Browse and choose an image. If your file has multiple pages with images, identify the page number you need.
Do the following if you want to change the size of an image watermark:
- To resize a watermark from its original file size, enter a percentage in the Absolute Scale option.
- To resize the dimensions of the pdf page, enter a percentage in the scale relative to the target page.
When you want to change the appearance and position of a watermark, consider the following options.
- To handle variations in a pdf with different sized pages, choose or deselect Keep watermark text position and size constant when printing on different page sizes.
- To identify when the watermark appears, click or deselect Show when printing and Show when viewing on screen.
To have settings similar to additional PDF files, select Apply to multiple files. Tap the Add Files icon, choose Add Files or Add Open Files, and then choose your files. Then in the Output Options dialog box, identify your folder and file name preferences and hit OK.
If you want to reuse a watermark that you have used before, choose it from the Saved Settings menu.
4. Add watermark on macOS
Place your cursor on the “Tool” tab.
Select a pdf and go to the “Tool” tab located on the left toolbar and click “Add or edit watermark”.
Make your watermark
Create watermark by clicking “Create” icon and you can start adding watermark to your pdf using Mac; you can choose “Image”, “Text” or “pdf” as the source.
Define the appearance of your watermark
Now you can set your preferences regarding your watermark. Do it in the pop-up window. Select the rotation, position, opacity and others as you want. If you have finished selecting the appearance of your watermark, you can click “Save”.
How to add watermarks correctly
- Place your watermark in the center. However, you need to make sure that the background is solid or smooth. While doing so, others cannot remove the watermark easily.
- To avoid easy indentation or cropping, never place the watermark around the page.
- Use large watermarks. It is recommended that you use a watermark that covers at least 30 percent of the page. This large size is a great trick for damaging files once someone tries to delete them.
Reasons why GogoPDF is your best choice
Quick and easy process
You don’t have to wait long. GogoPDF will help you watermark your files in minutes. Plus, its user-friendly features let you complete the process in no time.
Personalize your watermark
With GogoPDF, you can select the size, color and font style of the text. This feature gives your watermark a more personal touch.
The tool is safe and secure to use. The system will automatically delete all files or data after one hour.
Operating system and platform compatibility
GogoPDF watermark tool works on all major operating systems like Linux, Windows, and Mac. It is also compatible with almost all browsers and their versions.
A watermark is essential to maintain ownership of a document or image. The watermark is as crucial as your content. In addition, there are many methods to apply a watermark. However, an online tool like GogoPDF is the best to use. It’s free, simple, fast and secure! No need to download or upgrade.
You may be interested: “How to Quickly Edit PDFs – A Guide”